Wednesday, February 8, 2012

2. What's Love Got to do with it? Disparity between black men and women

This article made some very valid points. Several explanations are very relevant. In this article, Paul Offner, references Jody in the movie Baby Boy, about how he didn't have a job and how he wants to live off of his two baby's mothers. It is said that a reason that black women advancing so far beyond black men because black women want to wait around for someone to take care of them. Women, not only black women, have made a come-up; they are advancing more and more in everything. The next reason is that black women have given up on marriage, so their focus is more focused on their career. I think that I agree and disagree with this statement, because I can relate. I feel like I am more focused on school and on my career rather than marriage. Its not that I don't believe in marriage anymore, its just our generation is so crazy right now, I feel that God will make it happen in due time. Another common reason is that black women can't find their equal. I do believe that it is hard to find a man of any race that is equal to a succussful man. I do feel like many black men have set low standards for themselves so it makes it harder for black women to be with them. I do agree with the fact that I don't want to marry an uncessful or man who hasn't put any effort into creating a better life for himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment