Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Privelages

Its weird that after being told we have to make this list that I really am racking my brain to see how I am privelaged. I do feel like I am privelaged but its always a but or something I have to deal with.
1. I am able to go to college and get an education, but there are few people that look at me funny becuase of my skin color, and there is always someone asking what sport I play.
2. I am privelaged to be able to practice my religion openly and freely
3. I can get proper medical attention/care if needed
4. I am able get a job without it verbally affecting my race or gender (if there is a problem it is done behind closed doors)
5. I am privelaged to live my life exactly how I want to and strive for whatever I want to, even though I know that there will always be invisible barriers.

No comments:

Post a Comment