Sunday, March 4, 2012
Class Discussion
I really enjoyed the class disscusion on Thursday. I think it's amazing that everyone really does have a story. It takes a certain level of maturity to accept and not judge someone's being. Rose brought up using the word queer. I think this word is misunderstood, and I think she made terms very clear to us on thursday. Dandy, church-sissy and pan sexual. I think its very important to understand these words and meanings because many people identify with them. Some interesting things were brought up into discussion such as religion and being transgender and transexual. Sometimes I get transgender and transsesxual a little confused. Religion strikes home with many people because, being that America is a "Christian society", being gay is a sin. The bible also says that no sin is greater than the other whether it be murder or cursing etc. I appreciate the two speakers sharing their story because they gave a greater understanding about what it meant to be black and queer in this society.They all incoporated and gave their viewpoints on the strange bedfellows such as the church and religious, and holy sanctified people who are quick to judge. Rose is such is a sweetheart and I love a person to tell it like it is, reminds me alot of grandmother and aunts. Going back to the homophobia quiz, I don't see how some of the those questions asked even come to someone's mind. This discussion made really understand first hand what the different articles tried to explain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment